Hi there! Is this your first time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
828 Parkins Mill Road, Greenville
Stunning property! First-time offered in over 30+ years. This graceful home was built in 1951, the first home on Parkins Mill Rd, when this address was considered to be “out in the country” and Parkins Mill was a dirt road. Designed by noted Greenville architect, Harry “Hassie” Forrester, this home is an architectural masterpiece and gem of sophisticated understatement and charm. Built by noted Greenville construction company Potter Shackelford. Solid heart pine construction, with steel L-beams and 2” diagonal wood subfloors under beautiful oak flooring throughout set this home apart. The exterior brings Greenville’s history to life with handmade brick from 1865, re-claimed from a prominent executive’s home of the time that stood near the old Coca-Cola bottling plant. If you are looking for the space and privacy of the suburbs in the heart of the city, this property is for you! Over two and a half acres envelop the house in perfectly landscaped beauty. From the long entrance drive lined with huge Tulip Poplars to the large private stone terrace overlooking the back, everything says this place is special. Day or night, it is difficult to see any house in the neighborhood. You truly feel that you are in the mountains. Views of Downtown’s Main Street and the Blue Ridge Mountains beyond in the winter are spectacular. While the outside has maintained the charm of a bygone era beneath ancient oaks and a giant Linden tree, the inside has kept up with the times with all modernized conveniences desired today. Baths and kitchen are updated and fresh. The FIVE fireplaces are functional as well as attractive. A curved fireplace and mantel in the cozy study is one of a kind. The master and guest room each have their own fireplace as does the family room. There is plenty of room for expansion, if needed, and the property will easily support a large pool in the lower garden off the terrace, a tennis court or even a guest cottage. You can’t see this house from the road, but it must be seen to be appreciated. Oh, and it is a great place to raise a family! Prepare to be wowed! Due to current pandemic issues, SERIOUS, qualified buyers only please!
- MLS® #1413748
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage3,600
- Year Built1951
- Sub-TypeSingle Family-Detached
- StyleRanch, Traditional
- ParkingAttached Garage 2 Cars, Door Opener, Yard Door
- GaragesAttached Garage 2 Cars, Door Opener, Yard Door
- ExteriorBrick Veneer-Full, Wood
- Exterior FeaturesPorch-Front, Porch-Other, Patio, Sprklr In Grnd-Full Yard, Some Storm Windows, Vinyl/Aluminum Trim
- Lot DescriptionLevel, Sloped Gently, Underground Utilities, Wooded
- FoundationBasement, Crawl Space
- Listing AgentTom Marchant
- Listing OfficeMarchant Company, The
- Address828 Parkins Mill Road
- SubdivisionParkins Mill
- Zip Code29607
- InteriorCarpet, Ceramic Tile, Hardwood, Other, Slate
- Interior FeaturesSecurity System Owned, Smoke Detector, Some Window Trtmnts, Wet Bar
- AppliancesDouble Oven, Dryer, Dishwasher, Stand Alone Range-Gas, Microwave-Built In, Oven-Electric, Other, Refrigerator, Oven-Self Cleaning, Washer
- HeatingNatural Gas
- CoolingCentral Forced, Electric
- # of Fireplaces5
- FireplacesGas Logs, Masonry
- ElementarySara Collins
- HighJ. L. Mann
Listings provided courtesy of the Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS®, Copyright 2020.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on May 29th, 2020 at 4:16pm EDT.