Hi there! Is this your first time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
607 Western Way, Landrum
If you’re looking for the warmth of a mountain home with breath-taking panoramic views where fabulous sunsets and sunrises never get old, you’ve found it here. Relax above it all in this contemporary, Frank Lloyd Wright influenced home in the beautiful setting of Glassy Mountain. At 1,900ft, the horizon stretches for 30 miles encompassing the Blue Ridge Escarpment during the day and millions of twinkling lights after night falls. Enjoy the relief of the cool breezes in the Summer, sit by the warm fire as the mountainside bursts into Fall color, watch the snow falling across the mountain peaks in Winter and the landscape come to life with mountain laurel and dogwoods in the Spring. The spacious Great Room on the main level provides a perfect environment for family and friends to share the mountain experience. With 12-foot ceilings and a wall of windows the home and view become one. The beauty outside is matched within by Douglas Fir beams and trim; Quartersawn Oak, Douglas Fir and Natural Cherry cabinetry; 3 1/2” Oak flooring; and 8ft solid core 5 panel Douglas Fir doors. Open to the Great Room, the kitchen has an electric stove/oven, dual dishdrawers, a clever small appliance garage, and a one-of-a-kind burnished copper inlay dinette built-in. Get even closer to the view on the deep covered Ipe deck that wraps around the Great Room. Some of the best sunset dining in the Upstate awaits just out the patio doors. Or just rock away the quiet moments and lose your troubles somewhere in the horizon. There are private en suite bedrooms on either side of the house, two on the main level and two on the lower level. The lower level also features a generous-sized family room and a cozy veranda. Glassy Mountain is located between Asheville, NC, and Greenville and Spartanburg SC. Landrum, Hendersonville and Traveler’s Rest are nearby and provide restaurants and shopping. The Tryon International Equestrian center is only 30 minutes away. This is a gated community with 24/7 security, fire department and EMT. There are hiking trails, a wellness center, spa, tennis courts and a world class golf course. A Cliffs Club membership is available to purchase providing access to seven golf/mountain lake country clubs. Meet the residents of Glassy Mountain – voted the friendliest Cliffs community!!
- MLS® #1402571
- Full Baths4
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage3,800
- Year Built2007
- Sub-TypeSingle Family-Detached
- AmenitiesAthletic Facilities Field, Common Areas, Exercise Facility, Gated Community, Golf, Playground, Pool, Security Guard, Spa/Hot Tub, Tennis Court, Private Roads
- ParkingDoor Opener, Yard Door, Attached Garage 2 Cars
- GaragesDoor Opener, Yard Door, Attached Garage 2 Cars
- ExteriorConcrete Plank, Stone
- Exterior FeaturesDeck, Patio, Windows-Thermal, Sprklr In Grnd-Full Yard
- Lot DescriptionMountain View, Mountain, Sloped Gently, Some Trees, Steep, Wooded
- RoofComposition Shingle
- FoundationCrawl Space/Slab
- Listing AgentCatherine Markitell
- Listing OfficeAllen Tate Company - Greer
- Address607 Western Way
- SubdivisionThe Cliffs at Glassy
- Zip Code29356
- InteriorCarpet, Hardwood, Stone
- Interior FeaturesBookcase, Cable Available, Ceiling 9ft+, Central Vacuum, Countertops Granite, Open Floor Plan, Security System Owned, Smoke Detector, Some Window Trtmnts, Tub Garden, Walk In Closet, Ceiling – Coffered, Smart Systems Pre-Wiring
- AppliancesCook Top-Smooth, Dishwasher, Disposal, Microwave, Oven-Self Cleaning, Oven(s)-Wall, Cook Top-Electric, Oven-Electric
- HeatingElectric, Forced Air, Propane Gas
- CoolingCentral Forced, Electric
- # of Fireplaces1
- FireplacesGas Logs
- MiddleBlue Ridge
- HighBlue Ridge
Listings provided courtesy of the Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS®, Copyright 2019.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on November 15th, 2019 at 9:31pm EST.