Hi there! Is this your first time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
230 Blockhouse Road, Landrum
This one of a kind home gives it's owners peaceful living, great mountain views, breath-taking sunsets, two picture windows and low maintenance on a 5 and 1/2+ acre estate. One can enjoy an open kitchen with maple wood cabinets, easy closing drawers, corner carousel shelving, spacious counter tops. You are welcomed as you pass through the custom, front door to the open, cathedral ceiling in the living room with a gas log fireplace to keep you toasty warm in the winter months. Living room is wired for surround sound. Note the owner has electric baseboard heaters in several rooms for efficiency and lower electric bills. Electric and gas bills averaged $150 per month in 2018. Doorways are 36 inches for easy wheelchair access. Take notice of the spacious 21 foot Master Bedroom, 9 foot ceiling, large walk-in closet and electrical outlets spaced on walls for easy and various arrangements of bed(s) and furniture. Master Bath, including a bidet, is adjacent to Master Bedroom with large walk-in shower, double seats and handrails. Upstairs is a spacious office, hobby area, or space for a studio bed. Also, the second bedroom has a large, mirrored closet , large bath with oval, jetted tub and shower. The extra large bonus room, 18 by 13 feet can be easily converted into a third bedroom, recreation room, sitting/reading area with view of Hogback Mountain. There is shelving in this room and storage space under the gable. More storage is in the attic with access via pull-down stairs. For the workman, there is a work shed 10x10+/- with water and electric, and large doorway with ramp entrance. Enjoy the wide "L" shaped, covered rocking chair front porch while you watch beautiful sunsets over Hogback and Tryon Peak Mountains. Fresh water supply is well water, almost 300 feet deep, and has never run dry. For the workman, there is a work shed 10x10+/- with bench, electric and water. This property has been meticulously maintained and is in excellent condition. There's ample room for horses, barn(s), multiple car garage and pets. There is no zoning and the property is just outside the City Limits of Landrum. A 9/10's acre of this property lies in Polk County. See copy of plat in the photos section. Original owners had this home custom built about 21 years ago. Enjoy the stars at night and the solitude of this unique home and setting.
- MLS® #1396163
- Full Baths2
- Square Footage2,000
- Year Built1998
- Sub-TypeSingle Family-Detached
- StatusContingency Contract
- ParkingCarport 1 Car
- GaragesCarport 1 Car
- ExteriorStone, Vinyl Siding
- Exterior FeaturesPorch-Front, Porch-Wrap Around, Some Storm Doors, Tilt Out Windows, Vinyl/Aluminum Trim, Windows-Thermal
- Lot DescriptionMountain View, Sloped Gently, Some Trees, Underground Utilities, Wooded
- Listing AgentRansom Kirby
- Listing OfficeRansom Real Estate
- Address230 Blockhouse Road
- Zip Code29356
- InteriorCarpet, Vinyl, Other
- Interior Features2 Story Foyer, Attic Stairs Disappearing, Bookcase, Ceiling 9ft+, Ceiling Fan, Ceiling Cathedral/Vaulted, Ceiling Smooth, Open Floor Plan, Smoke Detector, Some Window Trtmnts, Tub-Jetted, Walk In Closet, Countertops – Laminate, Pantry – Walk In
- AppliancesDishwasher, Dryer, Stand Alone Range-Gas, Oven-Self Cleaning, Refrigerator, Washer, Oven-Gas, Microwave-Built In
- HeatingElectric, Forced Air
- CoolingAttic Fan, Central Forced, Electric
- # of Fireplaces1
- FireplacesGas Logs, Ventless
- ElementaryO.P. Earle
- MiddleLandrum Middle
Listings provided courtesy of the Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS®, Copyright 2019.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on September 17th, 2019 at 7:01pm EDT.