Hi there! Is this your first time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
18 River Ridge Road, Marietta
Nestled in a spectacular natural setting with magnificent views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, this inviting contemporary three bedroom, two bath home, is located just 30 minutes from Downtown Greenville, 50 minutes from downtown Asheville. The home was designed by architect, Wade Barber and thoughtfully takes into account the landscape of the ridge property and the views it offers from every perspective. Every inch of the view can be appreciated from the large deck which extends across the back of the house which can be accessed from the Master Bedroom as well and the Living and Dining area of this home. In addition to the spacious deck, a separate screened porch offers yet another space to enjoy the outdoors. The acreage is on the Saluda River with beaching areas and 1000 feet of river frontage. Explore what the river has to offer…swimming, fishing or paddling, anyone? Through its many skylights, glass doors and windows natural light is allowed to pour in and reflect on crisp white walls and beautiful warm soaring wooden ceilings connecting the beautiful outdoors with the exceptionally designed interior. Large open kitchen, dining room and living rooms are dominated by the sweeping mountain view and stone fireplace visible from all three rooms. The see through / 2 sided fireplace also features in the large master suite with its sitting room and full bath, generous closets and separate laundry room. The opposite side of the house offers a delightful breakfast room, with kitchen access from guest bedrooms. One guest bedroom opens to the private screened porch, perfect for relaxing, birdwatching, reading, writing or just coffee and a quiet breakfast! The full replacement kitchen (2018) which includes 800 series Bosch appliances, custom cabinetry, solid wood construction, high quality hardware, quartz counters. Also, brand new, including electrical and fixtures, sink and exhaust, floors, walls and window replacement. ALSO, all new flooring throughout the house. And all new 2nd bathroom, including tile, fixtures, floors and new window. Attached double garage leads to an attractive back entry and mudroom. The home features a home generator system as well. This lovely home is a wonderful natural paradise and perfect for those looking for a getaway from the busy city life while being able to get out and explore this incredible oasis. You might just want to stay!
- MLS® #1395249
- Full Baths2
- Square Footage2,400
- Year Built1985
- Sub-TypeSingle Family-Detached
- ParkingWorkshop, Attached Garage 2 Cars
- GaragesWorkshop, Attached Garage 2 Cars
- Is WaterfrontYes
- ExteriorHardboard Siding
- Exterior FeaturesDeck, Porch-Screened, Porch-Other, Tilt Out Windows, Windows-Thermal, Generator
- Lot DescriptionCul-de-Sac, Mountain View, River, Wooded
- RoofComposition Shingle
- Listing AgentMary Praytor
- Listing OfficeMarchant Company, The
- Address18 River Ridge Road
- SubdivisionRiver Ridge
- Zip Code29661
- InteriorCarpet, Parquet
- Interior FeaturesAttic Stairs Disappearing, Bookcase, Ceiling 9ft+, Ceiling Fan, Ceiling Cathedral/Vaulted, Open Floor Plan, Sky Lights, Countertops – Quartz
- AppliancesCook Top-Dwn Draft, Cook Top-Smooth, Dishwasher, Disposal, Oven-Self Cleaning, Oven(s)-Wall, Refrigerator, Cook Top-Electric, Oven-Electric, Ice Machine, Wine Chiller
- HeatingElectric, Forced Air
- CoolingAttic Fan, Central Forced, Electric
- # of Fireplaces1
- FireplacesWood Burning Fireplace, Masonry, Double Sided/See Through
- ElementarySlater Marietta
- HighTravelers Rest
Listings provided courtesy of the Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS®, Copyright 2019.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on September 17th, 2019 at 6:46pm EDT.