Home Buyers Guide And Tools
Setting Yourself Up for a Successful House Hunt
1. Make a wish list before you start shopping. Figure out your must-haves and deal breakers. Keep this list fresh as you tour different homes.
2. Remember, you can change anything about a house, expect it's location. Do you like the neighborhood? Is it safe? Is it convenient? Does it meet your lifestyle needs?
3. Limit the amount of houses you tour in a day. Looking at too many houses in one day can get confusing, not to mention overwhelming.
4. Stick to looking at homes within your price range. Remember to take into account additional expenses such as, Home Owner Association fee's, taxes, maintenance, etc.
FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS
Owning a home may be your dream, but in order for the purchase to be the happy and satisfying experience it was meant to be, you need to ensure that you are financially and mentally prepared for the responsibilities that come with it. On the fence about purchasing? Or just want to learn more. Check out these helpful Q & A's for first time home buyers.
HOME BUYING PREP 101
So you've decided your ready to purchase a home. Here are some key steps you can take to ensure a smoother process:
1. Clean up your credit. Pull reports and find anything that could make your loan process difficult. Past dues, late payments, judgement, etc. In order to get a good mortgage rate your credit will need to be up to par.
2. Make sure you've filed your taxes! Most loan companies require two to three years of tax returns.
3. SAVE! You may be interested in sitting down with a mortgage professional now to get pre-approved. By starting the conversation now, you'll know how much your approved for. If you can't get pre-approved, you'll know why, and can get to work on cleaning up your credit.
Looking to get a rough idea on monthly mortgage payments? VIsit our Mortgage Calculator.
Please fill out the form below and one of our qualified agents will be in contact to help you get started on your home search:
*Your information will never be shared with any third party.
Accredited Buyer Representative