“In the summer, the days were long, stretching into each other. Out of school, everything was on pause and yet happening at the same time, this collection of weeks when anything was possible,” Sarah Dessen.
Summer is a upon us and if you are looking for fun things to do and adventures to take, check out the list of activities throughout different parts of The Upstate!
• Butterfly Adventure - Encounter butterflies like never before! Visit the Roper Mountain Science Center and get up close with butterflies in their new butterfly adventure habitat. (For more information visit HERE: Butterfly Adventure)
• Fluor Field at the West End - What’s summer without baseball games? Enjoy cheering on the Greenville Drive with a bag of popcorn or peanuts and possibly see a firework show at the end! (For more information visit HERE: Fluor Field)
• The Children’s Museum of the Upstate - Fun for the whole family. Let your imaginations soar while discovering and playing on not one or two, but THREE levels with activities! (For more information visit HERE: Children's Museum)
• Greenville Zoo - Go WILD at the zoo! Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and hang out with some new furry friends. Visit with monkeys, lions, giraffes and more! (For more information visit HERE: Greenville Zoo)
• NOMA Square - Experience Downtown Alive and Main Street Fridays, for a perfect Thursday/Friday event combo of incredible live music. Be sure to check out the events all summer long, such as Yappy hour, dog-friendly happy hour, Yoga, and much more! (For more information visit HERE: NOMA Square)
• Otter Creek Waterpark - Cool off with your little ones in a shallow entry pool and fountain fun, or take your bigger kids on the water slides and pool. (For more information visit HERE: Waterpark)
• TD Saturday Market - Stock up on local fruit, vegetables, cheese, and other local goodies! (For more information visit HERE: Farmers Market)
• Moonlight Movies - Fun for the whole family with pre-movie activities, including inflatables. (For more information visit HERE: Moonlight Movies)
• Wine & Craft Beer Tasting - The last Thursday of the month all summer long, enjoy samplings of wines and craft/imported beers. (For more information visit HERE: Wine & Beer)
• Discovery Island Waterpark - For adults and kids alike, relax in the lazy river, enjoy thrilling water slides, and splash around with the small ones at the zero entry section. (For more information visit HERE: Waterpark)
• Carolina Panthers Training Camp - If you’re passionate about football, don't miss the chance to watch the Carolina Panthers practice! (For more information visit HERE: Panthers)
• Hatcher Garden and Woodland Preserve - Have a picnic, or simply relax and unwind in the gardens. When you visit, be sure to check out the turtle pond, stone patio, and waterfall. (For more information visit HERE: Hatcher Garden)
• Travelers Rest Farmers Market - Set your tastebuds alive with local, homegrown food, crafts from local artists, cooking demos, and more. Every Saturday morning experience additional special events, from plant sales to tractor show. (For more information visit HERE: Farmers Market)
• Trailblazer Park - Come explore the park where you can listen to live music or watch free movies! (For more information visit HERE: Trailblazer Park)
Be sure to take advantage of the expansive free outdoor trails for hiking, biking, and exploring this summer. From The Swamp Rabbit Trail, to The Blue Ridge Parkway, get out and explore our wonderful state!
• Cherokee Foothills Scenic Hwy 11 - Take road trip! Enjoy the breathtaking mountain views on this beautiful scenic route that bypasses the highway. (For more information visit HERE: Scenic Highway)
• Croft State Park - Camping, hiking, biking, or horseback riding! Plan a picnic and spend the day out in the 7,000+ acres of this beautiful state park. (For more information visit HERE: Croft State Park)
• South Carolina Botanical Garden - Explore 295 acres of natural landscapes, display gardens, miles of streams, and natural trails! (For more information visit HERE: Botanical Garden)
• The Swamp Rabbit Trail - Explore The Upstate without having to go far. Walk or bike the 22-mile Swamp Rabbit Trail that connects Travelers Rest to Greenville. Stop for food along the way all while taking in the views of the Reedy River. (For more information visit HERE: Swamp Rabbit Trail)